Friday, April 5, 2013

OMER DAY TEN



“Today is ten days which are one week and three days of the Omer.”
·       Theme of the week: Gevurah – Severity and Strength
·       Theme of the day:  Tefreit -  Beauty
·       Overall Theme: “The Beauty of His Severity and Strength.”

Yesterday we seen a future example of YHWH’s Raw Severity and Strength. Today let us view the same and similar passages and see the beauty in such severity.

Rev. 20:1,14 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.


This final act of judgment upon evil will bring the 2nd most beautiful act in all eternity besides the death burial and resurrection of Yah’s Son.

Rev. 21:1-4 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.


Imagine, the L-RD of all creation and judgment, bending down like a loving Father and comfortingly wipe the tears from His Children’s eyes.

The Traditional text to read is Psalm 119:73-80:

73     ¶ JOD. Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.


“G-d You know me inside and out, You hold the blueprint to my physical, mental and spiritual makeup, so teach me in the way I can learn, absorb, and keep the commandments best.


74     ¶ They that fear thee will be glad when they see me; because I have hoped in thy word.


As believers we are all in the same boat and therefore we pray for and encourage one another and we are glad when we see the other succeed, because we know our success will come soon by the same Divine Source.


75     ¶ I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.


Rom. 8:28, all things work for the good, and we know whether success or punishment comes by the hand of G-d we know He is just and fair and right in doing so. And as a loving Father he disciplines us because He wants us to do right and see us succeed.


76     ¶ Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant.
77     Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight.


David desires G-d to see the desire of his heart to please Him and to keep His Torah and therefore asks for patience and encouragement as he continues to try to do the right thing.


78     ¶ Let the proud be ashamed; for they dealt perversely with me without a cause: but I will meditate in thy precepts.


David knows that the victories of the wicked are short lived and are actually granted as a mercy unto them by G-d. David knows that G-d will uphold him and see him through. G-d will settle all accounts and the righteous will eventually prevail.


79     Let those that fear thee turn unto me, and those that have known thy testimonies.


David wants all Torah Observant believers to rally around him the King for he promised G-d that he will lead them as a nation in the ways of Torah for the Glory of G-d.


80     ¶ Let my heart be sound in thy statutes; that I be not ashamed.


David wants to know the Torah fully so he can keep the Torah fully and therefore be without the shame of sin.


“Precious Loving Heavenly Father, I am practically moved to tears as I meditate upon the awesome fact that the You, All Powerful G-d will one day, as my Loving Father, wipe all tears from our eyes. I give thanks in the Name of Messiah Yeshua, Ameyn.”