Monday, April 15, 2013

OMER 20



“Today is twenty days which are two weeks and six day of the Omer.”

Theme of the Week: Tefreit - Beauty
Theme of the Day: Yesod - Intimacy
Overall Theme: The Intimacy of His Beauty.

What’s more beautiful and more intimate than sharing ones soul? Yet this is exactly what the All Mighty Creator of the Universe did with us.


Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.


YHWH gave of Himself to give us life in the beginning and also in the new beginning; HE gave us His Son.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.


The Traditional text to read is Psalm 119:153-160:


153     ¶ RESH. Consider mine affliction, and deliver me: for I do not forget thy law.
154     Plead my cause, and deliver me: quicken me according to thy word.


David is reminding G-d that the Torah is a covenant and since he is doing his best to keep it, He is reminding G-d to keep His end of it too which is life, salvation and deliverance.


155     ¶ Salvation is far from the wicked: for they seek not thy statutes.


Here again David is connecting Salvation (Yeshua the Messiah) to the Torah. Yeshua is the Living Manifestation of the Written Torah.


156     ¶ Great are thy tender mercies, O LORD: quicken me according to thy judgments.


Again the Torah gives life!


157     ¶ Many are my persecutors and mine enemies; yet do I not decline from thy testimonies.


David here is saying that he fears G-d more than his enemies, for he knows just as G-d delivered Israel many times in the wilderness from their enemies, he knows and believes that G-d will do the same for him.


158     ¶ I beheld the transgressors, and was grieved; because they kept not thy word.


Davis says he hates to see anyone fall especially when it could have been prevented simply by keeping G-d’s Torah. He wishes he could get others to see and understand the benefits of keeping Torah like he does.


159     ¶ Consider how I love thy precepts: quicken me, O LORD, according to thy lovingkindness.


“See how madly in love with Your Torah that I am? In your kindness give me more energy so I can pour over this Document even more!”


160     ¶ Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.


This is pretty self explanatory: G-d’s Torah is true every commandment, every story, and it is eternal… So, why are we not all keeping it?


“Abba YHWH Elohim, Help and enable me to follow Your example and like a candle lighting another teach me to give a part of myself to other so that others might live. In Yeshua’s Name. Ameyn.”