Wednesday, April 10, 2013

OMER 15



“Today is fifteen days which are two weeks and one day of the Omer.”

Theme of the Week: Tefreit - Beauty
Theme of the Day: Chesed – Loving-kindness
Overall Theme: The Loving-kindness of His Beauty.

There is a beauty in all shades all around. You have the simple beauty of a daisy, the raw powerful beauty of a lion, the majestic beauty of a soaring eagle, and the posh cold beauty of a runway super model; but Loving Beauty?


Matthew 19:13-14 Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.




Have you ever witnessed a father holding hands with his little daughter or playing with her out in the yard? What shows more love and more beauty than that!?

Here we see the Messiah Himself, an all important Rebbe that crowds flock to see, that sick people want to touch and powerful me want to kill; forsaking all the attention of all others just so He can tussle the head of a little boy, give a wink to a shy child, hug and hold a little girl in His arms and bless them all with the traditional Hebrew blessing given to boys and girls respectively on Shabbat. This truly displays the Loving-kindness of His Beauty.


The Traditional text to read is Psalm 119:113-120:


113     ¶ SAMECH. I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.


Maybe this is where his son Solomon in Ecclesiastes gets his inspiration. Because David and Solomon both say that anything that is not connected to the Torah in some way is vain, useless, a waste of time.


114     ¶ Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.


The Torah is a solid rock to hide behind, within, and stand on in days of trouble.


115     ¶ Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God.


David proclaims temptations are useless for the Torah is all He desires and is tempted by. Kind of like James when he says resist the Devil and he will flee (James 4:7).


116     ¶ Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope.

117     Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually.


David knows it’s his acceptance and adherence to G-d’s Laws that will protect him. Just like the laws of physics, tie a rock to a string and throw it and it will only come back to hit you. The laws of gravity: jump off a building and you fall and kill yourself.


118     ¶ Thou hast trodden down all them that err from thy statutes: for their deceit is falsehood.
119     Thou puttest away all the wicked of the earth like dross: therefore I love thy testimonies.


David knows the Torah refines ones soul like pure gold and those who are wicked get scooped off like impurities from precious metals. Even if one does not keep the Chukim.


120     My flesh trembleth for fear of thee; and I am afraid of thy judgments.


Just like a child fearful of a fathers spanking, there is fear and respect and this is what keeps him on the straight path.


“Precious Abba Elohim, Oh, make the Beauty You have placed in me exude Loving-kindness that makes shallower forms of Beauty pail in comparison, so that I may bring others to You, Your Torah and Your Messiah. In Yeshua’s Name I pray. Ameyn.”