Monday, April 8, 2013

OMER 13



“Today is thirteen days which are one week and six days of the Omer.”

·       Theme of the week: Gevurah – Severity and Strength
·       Theme of the day:  Yesod - Intimacy
·       Overall Theme: “The Intimacy of His Severity and Strength.”

Gen. 17:15, 19 And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be. And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

Gen. 18:10-14 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him. Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women. Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also? And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.

Gen. 21:1-7 And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken. For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him. And Abraham called the name of his son that was born unto him, whom Sarah bare to him, Isaac. And Abraham circumcised his son Isaac being eight days old, as God had commanded him. And Abraham was an hundred years old, when his son Isaac was born unto him. And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me. And she said, Who would have said unto Abraham, that Sarah should have given children suck? for I have born him a son in his old age.

Who can unscramble and egg? Who can un-curdle milk? Who can straighten perfectly that which was bent? Who can make alive that which was dead? No one but YHWH! How much more clearly can we read about the intimacy of YHWH’s strength except in the story where He makes the infertile, fertile; where He makes the dead and withered alive again!?
Names mean something, there is power and prophecy in ones name. G-d added the Hebrew letter “hey” to Avram and Sari’s name; the letter of breath and life and so they became Avraham and Sarah. What was dead was made alive, what was old became new again and what was infertile became fertile.

The Traditional text to read is Psalm 119:97-104:

97     ¶ MEM. O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.


Self explanatory!


98     ¶ Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.


The Torah IS Wisdom and gives one an edge against ones enemies, for it is the powerful, Living Words of G-d Himself!


99     I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
100     I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.


Actually the Hebrew eludes to that David understands more than his teachers and the ancients because of them, but this is also a fair translation, for it hints that G-d gives new insight into the Scriptures to each generation. And it comes by study and meditation; it just doesn’t drop in ones lap.


101     ¶ I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.
102     ¶ I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me.
103     ¶ How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104     Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.


Need I say more?

“Precious All Powerful YHWH, who has effortless command over life and death. Make alive whatever good thing I have made dead in my life so I can perpetuate that goodness and life for Your Honor and Glory. In Yeshua’s Name I pray, Ameyn.”