Monday, April 1, 2013

OMER DAY 6



“Today is six days of the Omer.”
·       Theme of the week: Chesed – Loving kindness
·       Theme of the day: Yesod – Intimacy/Foundation
·       Overall Theme: “The Intimacy of His loving-kindness.”
Today commemorates the events found in Exodus 15:22-26 regarding the bitter waters made sweet.
Exodus 15:22-26 So Moses brought Israel from the Red sea, and they went out into the wilderness of Shur; and they went three days in the wilderness, and found no water. And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah. And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink? And he cried unto the LORD; and the LORD shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them, And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

James 1:2-8  My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.


Faithfully obeying Torah gives us the confidence to pray for necessities in faith and actually receive them. Faith is not just believing, but acting upon ones beliefs. My belief in my wedding vows cause me to act faithfully toward my wife and thus receiving the benefits of such a union. Seeing Torah as our wedding vows to YHWH causes us to be faithful Him by obeying Torah via the example of His Son Yeshua; hence our themes of love and intimacy which is the foundation of our Faith.

The Traditional text to read is Psalm 119:41-48:


41     ¶ VAU. Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word.


David knew that the Torah led to salvation. Don’t the Scriptures say that Salvation comes from the Jews (John 4:22)? The Written Torah tells what the Living Torah (The Messiah) was to be like.


42     So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word.


The Torah is the final word in what G-d considers righteous conduct, and when one is living by the Torah, no one can say anything legitimate against you in the realm of wrong doing.


43     ¶ And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments.


Here David clearly says that the Torah is Truth. This is the answer to Pilates question to Yeshua, “What is Truth? (John 18:38).


44     So shall I keep thy law continually for ever and ever.


Notice there isn’t an italics or parentheses in the ancient text that disclaims this verse by saying “until the Messiah come.” No, he says the Torah is to be obeyed forever. If David knew about the coming of the Messiah and that the Torah told about him (even Yeshua said the Torah speaks of him (Luke 24:13-49) then he would have known if the Torah would be changed by the Messiah. Instead He affirms that the Torah stands for ever.


45     ¶ And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.


Liberty!? Is David saying that there is a freedom in keeping the Commandments? Absolutely! This doesn’t sound like the “bondage of the Law” that the Christians are always talking about.


46     I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed.


David will tell all other nations and kings about G-d and His dealings with Israel, and no matter how they respond, he will not be ashamed because he KNOWS that all the stories are absolutely 100% true!


47     And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved.


Torah makes David happy! What more can I say on this verse?


48     My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes.


He says he will DO the Torah, because it is all he can think about. It is so deep he can never come to an end of thinking about G-d’s Torah! He is especially fascinated with the commandments that have seemingly no logical purpose.


“Abba YWHW Elohim, Your Word calls us the Bride of Messiah, help and enable us to be faithful to You by keeping the Wedding Vows of Torah. In Yeshua’s Name I pray, Ameyn.”