Tuesday, April 16, 2013

OMER 22



“Today is twenty-two days which are three weeks and one day of the Omer.”

Theme of the Week: Netzach - Victory
Theme of the Day: Chesed – Loving-kindness
Overall Theme: The Loving-kindness of His Victory.


Victory is victory, right? How can it be anything else? On the contrary, victory can take many forms. For instance in divorce, although the court awards one party with this, that or the other and they are considered to have “won” the case, but in reality no one is really the winner and therefore it is a melancholy, bitter-sweet victory.


Gal 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.


If we filter each attribute by criteria for what is called the fruit of the Spirit, then victory will be in check and it will not take the form of a cocky, arrogant, or prideful victory which then taints the victory itself.

When G-d gives you victory over an enemy, is your victory saturated with love?


Prov. 24:17 Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.


Prov. 16:18 Pride [goeth] before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.



The Traditional Psalm to read is Psalm 119: 169-176:



169     ¶ TAU. Let my cry come near before thee, O LORD: give me understanding according to thy word.


If David said this once he has said it a hundred times.


170     Let my supplication come before thee: deliver me according to thy word.


David wants G-d to know how serious he is about His Torah.


171     ¶ My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes.


David will praise G-d for each new revelation and insight he gets from the Torah.


172     ¶ My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.


He won’t keep it to himself either, he’ll tell everyone he can!


173     ¶ Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts.
174     I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight.


If David said this once he has said it a hundred times.


175     ¶ Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me.


He is saying let the Torah have its perfect way in me!


176     ¶ I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments.


Does this sound like someone who feels and or fears that they have to keep the Torah to be saved!? Certainly Not, G-d forbid!



“Abba YHWH Elohim, I know in the end I will be the victor. My natural tendency is to gloat and be prideful. Let my victory reveal itself through the Fruit of the Spirit So even my victory will carry and aura of holiness and love. So may I pity and pray for my enemies who You so graciously given me victory over. In the Name of Yeshua I pray, Ameyn!”