Saturday, March 30, 2013

OMER DAY FOUR



“Today is four days of the Omer.”
·       Theme of the week: Chesed – Loving kindness
·       Theme of the day: Netzach - Victory
·       Overall Theme: “The Victory of His loving-kindness.”
The sacrifice and resurrection of Yeshua the Messiah that we just commemorated during this Passover season was an act of Love that gave us Victory over sin and death if we but receive it freely and willingly.

Hosea 13:14 I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

I Cor. 15:55-56 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Isa. 25:8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

Heb. 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Rev. 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Rev. 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Rev. 20:3-14 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Rev. 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

All these verses speak of our victory over death because of the Chesed of our G-d displayed through Messiah Yeshua.

The Traditional text to read is Psalm 119:25-32


25     ¶ DALETH. My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word.


Only G-d’s Word gives him life and power.


26     ¶ I have declared my ways, and thou heardest me: teach me thy statutes.


It’s no secret David is a Torah Keeper, It is obvious everyone knows it. He doesn’t hide that fact. He again cries out to G-d, he wants to know His more Mysterious Commandments.


27     Make me to understand the way of thy precepts: so shall I talk of thy wondrous works.


He is asking G-d what are the reasons for, the cause and effects, the benefits of keeping the everyday things of the Torah, just so he can tell others and compel them to keep them. So he can tell others how great and wise His G-d is.


28     ¶ My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word.


Here David is saying that the Torah is a Living Supernatural Document able to give peace and strength when needed. He can have true confidence because he keeps G-d’s Torah out of zeal and love and therefore knows that G-d is on his side.


29     Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me thy law graciously.


Seeing the Torah is Truth, David pleads to be led down that road, the road opposite and far from the road of the way of lying.


30     ¶ I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me.


Love this verse too. Basically being Torah Obedient is 100% a choice; no one can convince you, or make you keep it, not even G-d Himself. Only you can decide to do so out of a genuine love and desire to please and obey G-d.
He is saying that the Torah is True, the only way to live and the only way in which to have dealings with others because it is fair.


31     I have stuck unto thy testimonies: O LORD, put me not to shame.


Again, David says he believes every word of Torah, every victory, every triumph of G-d in his dealings with Israel. And since he believes, he trusts that G-d will act in the same way on his behalf. David knows that everyone knows what he believes and who he serves and therefore it is G-d’s reputation that is at stake, so he says “put me not to shame” because people will see it and put the failing not on David, but on his G-d.


32     I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.


He says, “Make my heart big enough, more able to take in and understand all your Torah so I can keep it and run with it for the honor and glory of Your Name!”

“Abba YHWH Elohim, Help and enable me to fully realize the reality of the daily victory I have through Your Great Love. In Messiah Yeshua I pray, Ameyn.”