Sunday, March 31, 2013

OMER DAY 5



“Today is five days of the Omer.”
·       Theme of the week: Chesed – Loving kindness
·       Theme of the day: Hod - Glory
·       Overall Theme: “The Glory of His loving-kindness.”
The full realization and fruition of the Love of YHWH for us is when we see the Son coming for us in all His Glory and we in turn will be glorified at His appearing.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Luke 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Col. 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

II Thess. 1:7-12 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day. Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power: That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I Thess. 4:17-18 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

I Cor. 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Glory is likened unto light and to glorify brings the connotation to shed light upon or to praise. So until Messiah returns we are to be tantalizing hints and reflections of such Glory.

Matt. 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

The Traditional text to read is Psalm 119:33-40:


33     ¶ HE. Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.


Boy, David really wants to know G-d’s Chukim, even if he doesn’t understand it he says he wants to keep them. I have heard many well meaning people say they will not follow Torah until they understand it, and that is noble, you certainly want to understand why they are doing what they are doing. But this can be a devil’s cop-out too. If it was a matter of truly understanding all of G-d’s 613 Mitzvot, I would never begin to obey one. All of them are so deep and multi-faceted that no one can truly understand them fully because they come from the mind of an infinite G-d to a finite creation.


34     Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.


He says that he will keep G-ds Laws even if he doesn’t understand them, but here he is praying for that understanding anyway. Because to understand is to fulfill with a full, joyous and fully engaged heart. 


35     ¶ Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.


Clearly keeping the Torah wasn’t some laborious, burdensome task to David. He loved it, he enjoyed it, and in a way he is saying that even in the rare times that, “I don’t wanna”, he says make me “wanna”.


36     Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness.


And with bounty come that temptation of greed and covetousness for more. David is saying, “Let my motive always be pure and true, don’t let me glory in the tools that You give me to fulfill Your Commands.” If he covets, he wants to covet the true life stories of His Word. He is asking G-d to tune his ear to understand these true life, historical stories of G-d’s actions on behalf of His people Israel.


37     ¶ Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way.


Basically as his son Solomon would say in Ecclesiastes that all is vain but His Torah. David says, enliven me to be able to keep Your Torah.


38     ¶ Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear.


David is T-totally submitted to YHWH, He says, “Go ahead G-d lay down the Law to me and I will follow it, Your wish is my command.”


39     ¶ Turn away my reproach which I fear: for thy judgments are good.


David knows how bad he can really be and that scares him, he knows that adhering to G-d’s Toarh can change all that when he submits to them.


40     ¶ Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness.


David desires all of G-d’s Torah, especially the commandments he doesn’t fully understand, he is asking G-d to give him the strength to keep His Torah, for it is the Righteousness of G-d. You see as James said that faith (belief in G-d and His Word) without works (doing the Torah) is dead. There is Faith Righteousness, that is believing in G-d and His Word, and Works Righteousness (Keeping the Commandments) and you cannot have one without the other, like the yin and the yang, like peanut butter and chocolate, like peanut butter and jelly…. Well, you get the picture.

“Abba YHWH Elohim, You not only the saved us because of Your love for us, but also You allow us to share in Your Glory. We are humbly silent in praise and adoration before Your throne when we remember this fact. In Yeshua’s Glorious Name we pray, Ameyn.”