Thursday, April 4, 2013

OMER DAY 9



“Today is nine days, which are one week and two days of the Omer.”
·       Theme of the week: Gevurah – Severity and Strength
·       Theme of the day:  Gevurah – Severity and Strength
·       Overall Theme: “The Severity and Strength of His Severity and Strength.”

We seen Yesterday His Love manifested in His Severity. Today let us see the Totality of His severity with a total absence of Love that brings to full circle yesterdays theme.

Rev. 20:1,14 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.


The Traditional text to read is Psalm 119:65-72:

65     ¶ TETH. Thou hast dealt well with thy servant, O LORD, according unto thy word.


G-d is fair and just, all the time, always whether we can understand it or not.
            

66     Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments.


It’s as if David is saying, “Teach me, Teach me, Teach me about every aspect of Your Torah G-d, even if my little brain can’t fully comprehend it! I want to know about it all!”


67     ¶ Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.


Obeying Torah promotes healing and wellness body mind and spirit. Disobeying causes the opposite to occur.


68 ¶ Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes.


As the modern saying goes, “G-d is good, all the time. All the time, G-d is good.” This being fact, this means His Torah, every part of it is good too. So why wouldn’t we want to know and obey it!?


69     ¶ The proud have forged a lie against me: but I will keep thy precepts with my whole heart.


Torah keepers WILL be persecuted; regardless David will not budge from his Torah Obedience. Sounds like something the Messiah Himself said in Matthew 5:10-12.


70     Their heart is as fat as grease; but I delight in thy law.


David knows because of fear, ignorance and rebellion most people are def and numb to the Torah, but it is everything to David.


71     ¶ It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.


Ah, finally, a clue, a possible ray of light on the part of G-d’s Torah that G-d gave us without any logical explanation, He just told us to do it because He is G-d. Even when David is being punished for disobeying G-d’s Torah, any lesson derived from Torah no matter positive or negative is a worthy lesson learned. See I Pet. 1:6-7, James 1:2


72     ¶ The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.


He acknowledges that the Torah is not made up by man, but they are the very Word’s of G-d Himself and deserved to be heeded, followed, and obeyed.  That The Torah is far more precious and far more valuable than precious metals.



“I Thank You Abba YHWH Elohim that You love us enough that one day our enemies will be utterly and irreparably vanquished! All because of your Gevurah expressed through Your Holiness. In Messiah Yeshua’s Name I pray, Ameyn.”