Tuesday, April 9, 2013

OMER 14



“Today is fourteen days which are two weeks of the Omer.”

Theme of the Week: Gevurah – Severity and Strength
Theme of the Day: Malchut – Majesty
Overall Theme: The Majesty of His Severity and Strength.


Rev. 19:11-21 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God; That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great. And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.


What could be more glorious than a King fearlessly leading His subjects into battle? You have heard the saying, “Going down in a blaze of glory.” Well, it’s a Blaze of Glory alright, but there’s no going down for this King, unless you mean going down from the heavens to earth to do battle, conquer and vanquish all His foes.


The Traditional text to read is Psalm 119:105-112


105     ¶ NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.


The Torah should guide our every footstep and it gives us enough light to see as far as G-d wants us to go, one day, one step at a time.


106     ¶ I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments.


David has sworn to keep the Torah no matter what!



107     ¶ I am afflicted very much: quicken me, O LORD, according unto thy word.


Again David knows that only the Torah contains the Words of Live. Did not the Talmideem of Yeshua say this very thing about Him, who is the Living Torah (John 6:68)?


108     ¶ Accept, I beseech thee, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, and teach me thy judgments.


David doesn’t keep the Torah because he feels he HAS to, he does it because he WANTS to and therefore wants Divine instruction and insight on how to keep it better.


109     ¶ My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.


David is 100% dependant and devoted to YHWH and His Torah.


110     The wicked have laid a snare for me: yet I erred not from thy precepts.


He admits here that the Torah is what forewarned him and kept him safe from the pitfalls of the wicked and their schemes.


111     ¶ Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart.


The Torah is so precious to Him that it is the key thing he will pass on to his descendants, and he has claimed the promises in there for himself and his family.


112     I have inclined mine heart to perform thy statutes alway, even unto the end.


He is dead set resolved to keep the Torah no matter what, and this theme has already been repeated over and over in this Psalm.


“Almighty and Majestic King of the Universe, mold me into the majestic warrior You are, so that I may have victory in my daily life. In the Name of Messiah Yeshua I pray, Ameyn.”