Saturday, April 6, 2013

OMER DAY 11-12



“Today is eleven days which are one week and four days of the Omer.”
·       Theme of the week: Gevurah – Severity and Strength
·       Theme of the day:  Netzach - Victory
·       Overall Theme: “The Victory of His Severity and Strength.”

The same future acts we read about over the past few days testifies to the aspect of Victory as a result of His Severity and Strength.

Rev. 20:1,14 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Rev. 21:1-4 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

We will finally have victory forever more over satan, sin, death and hell! HalleuYah!

The Traditional text to read is Psalm 119:81-88:

81     ¶ CAPH. My soul fainteth for thy salvation: but I hope in thy word.


David knows that the prophecies of Moshiach, Salvation (Yeshua) are encoded in the Torah, and he longs for that day when Moschiach will be revealed.


82     Mine eyes fail for thy word, saying, When wilt thou comfort me?


Sometimes doubts naturally arise when one waits so long for G-d’s promises. Yet we see in the next verse that it is the Torah that continually encourages him.


83     ¶ For I am become like a bottle in the smoke; yet do I not forget thy statutes.


Even though one is in the world and not of it, just by being in it one is tainted by contact with it; but regardless David remembers and keeps the Torah.


84     ¶ How many are the days of thy servant? when wilt thou execute judgment on them that persecute me?
85     ¶ The proud have digged pits for me, which are not after thy law.
86     All thy commandments are faithful: they persecute me wrongfully; help thou me.
87     They had almost consumed me upon earth; but I forsook not thy precepts.


The age old question of why the wicked prosper can be answered in the extension of G-d’s mercy to the wicked who are blind of G-d’s ways in an attempt to extent the opportunity for them to repent. This is why too that we are permitted to suffer at times at the hand of the wicked because really G-d doesn’t want to see anyone perish. Yet we know that even G-d has an expiration date in regards to his mercy and that if the wicked do not repent they will be repaid in kind by G-d on the righteous peoples account. All we have to do is be faithful in regards to Torah and endure to the end and we WILL be saved.


88     ¶ Quicken me after thy lovingkindness; so shall I keep the testimony of thy mouth.


David says, “G-d make me alive through the life giving words of your Torah! Give me strength to keep you Torah and thus please You.”


“Thank You Gracious Father for the Victory we have as a result of Your Love and Strength! In Messiah Yeshua’s Name I pray. Ameyn!”


“Today is twelve days which are one week and five days of the Omer.”
·       Theme of the week: Gevurah – Severity and Strength
·       Theme of the day:  Hod - Glory
·       Overall Theme: “The Glory of His Severity and Strength.”
I mentioned earlier how light is a allusion to glory and this past week we have been focusing on the severity and strength of YHWH and how even in this attribute of Yah, His Beauty, Victory and Love can be seen through it. Well, today we will read about His future Glory.

Rev. 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.


Have you ever met someone whose presence lit up a room? Well, G-d’s Presence will light up all eternity!

The traditional text to read is Psalm 119:89-96:

89     ¶ LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.


The Torah IS ETERNAL, it WILL NOT be done away with or replaced by another.


90     Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth.
91     They continue this day according to thine ordinances: for all are thy servants.


The Torah is relevant and timeless.


92     ¶ Unless thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction.


The Written Torah is David’s Yeshau (Salvation) for HE knows the Living Torah, the Messiah will come from the Written Torah.


93     ¶ I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me.


Again the Torah gives life when one keeps it, not death, death comes through disobedience to it.


94     ¶ I am thine, save me; for I have sought thy precepts.


David knows there is Righteousness that comes by Faith, but He also knows that your righteous works through the Torah backs up the faith of your heart.


95     ¶ The wicked have waited for me to destroy me: but I will consider thy testimonies.


When David gets fearful and discouraged He will remember through the Words of the Torah what G-d miraculously done for Israel.


96     ¶ I have seen an end of all perfection: but thy commandment is exceeding broad.


David is saying that he sees the end of every perfection, every purpose in this finite world, but that the Torah is eternal, it has no end.


“Abba YHWH Elohim, I am dumbfounded and awestruck at Your Omnipotence, Your unfathomable power, how You have no beginning and no end. All I can do is praise You as I bask in the Strength of Your Glory. In Yeshua’s Name Ameyn.”