Friday, October 5, 2018

The Heart Song of Habakkuk 1:14-2:3


14 And makest men as the fishes of the sea, as the creeping things, that have no ruler over them?

Babylonia is seen as a sea predator, perhaps Leviathan is hinted at here, as in comparison to them, all nations are chaotic, anarchy-type, defensive nations whom Babylonia eats for breakfast This is clearly not what Yeshua meant about wanting talmidim to be fishers of me (Matt. 4:19). Yeshua wanted them to be fishers so as to save the fish against spiritual Babylons and Leviathans.

15 They take up all of them with the angle, they catch them in their net, and gather them in their drag: therefore they rejoice and are glad.

Their power and prowess over the nations are seen as a fishing net and hooks.

16 Therefore they sacrifice unto their net, and burn incense unto their drag; because by them their portion is fat, and their meat plenteous.

For such power and for such a “catch” they gave credit to their gods. “He sacrifices to his idols, whom he credits with granting him the means (“nets”) of his success,” says the Stones Tanak.

17 Shall they therefore empty their net, and not spare continually to slay the nations?

How long will You allow Babylonia to perpetuate such merciless and meaningless carnage that does not give glory to You (YHWH) but to pagan gods?

Habakkuk 2

1  I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.

The Stones Tanak comments, “Habakkuk anticipates an answer to those who challenge him with the questions he raised in chapter 1.”

“[Oh I know, I have been rash to talk out plainly this way to God!] I will [in my thinking] stand upon my post of observation and station myself on the tower of fortress, and I will watch to see what He will say within me and what answer I will make [as His mouth piece] to the perplexity of my complaint against Him.” – The Amplified Bible

GOD: Answer: “ADONAI will Judge Babylon Also. (2:2-20).”

2  And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. 3  For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

Indeed Habakkuk poses hard and ageless questions still being asked today, the only reason I can think of that they are still being asked is:
1. They never read Habakkuk
2. They read Habakkuk and didn’t like the truthful, factual answers given.

“…God gave Habakkuk an answer to his questions concerning the dominance of evil in this world and the possible annihilation of the righteous. The Lord stated that a time was coming when all the wicked would be destroyed and the only people not shaken would not be destroyed and the only people shaken would be the righteous, those who are related to God by faith.” – The Full Life Study Bible

 If this prophet was a news anchor, the message was hot off the wire and “Late Breaking News,” that Habakkuk was to publish ASAP!

II Peter 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

God tells Habakkuk that in His Heavenly DayTimer His Heavenly “Google calendar”, written in indelible ink is a specific set date and time in the future when it will all go down; hinting possibly and most likely during a Feast Day (Lev. 23), maybe Yom Kippur, the traditional day when the world is judged annually according to Jewish Tradition.

The Full Life Study Bible continues, “The final solution to Habakkuk’s problem would come only in the future, at God’s “appointed time”… There would be a termination point to wickedness in the world. The faithful people of God had to “wait for it,” even though it seemed to take such a long time… Like Habakkuk, we must wait for the Lord’s righteous intervention at the end of the age. Ultimately Christ will take away the righteous from the earth and bring destruction on all evil…”

The following is my personal Statement of Faith:

I DO NOT believe, nor adhere to in any way the Pre-Tribulationalist or Dispensationalist view of the End Times, this view is so young (little over 100 years old), it in no way could be the view of Natsarim Judaism of the first century.  It has NO roots in Judaism, and did not even exist in Christianity till the 19th century.  Its main views are totally contrary to Judaism period.  Here is a general view of the chronology of the End Times:

Immediately AFTER the Tribulation (Mt.24:29; Mk.13:24) the Messiah will appear in the sky (Dan.7:13-14; Mt.24:29-31; I Thes.4:16-17) there will be a final trumpet (Rev.8:2; 11:15; Mt.24:31; Is.27:13; I Thes. 4:16-17; I Cor. 15:52) and there will be a resurrection (I Cor. 15:50-55; I Thes.4:16; Rev.20:4-6; Is.25:8; Hos.13:14; Ezk.37:1-14) and a gathering together to Messiah in the sky (Mt.24:29-31; Mk.13:24-27; 2 Thes.2:1; I Thes.4:17).  This is followed by the Messiah coming with His set apart ones. In other words the “rapture, and the “Battle of Armageddon” happens all in one shot. (Jude1:14-15= I Enoch 1:9; I Thes.3:13; Rev.19:11-16; Zech.14:4-5).  After this, the 1,000 year reign of Messiah is established (Rev.20:1-3, 7).

The “rapture” is the regathering of Israel to the Land of Israel at the return of Messiah, and not a pretrib rapture of the “Church.””