Sunday, April 29, 2018

Ponderings of the Perkei Avot 3:9


RaYBaSH’s Ponderings of the Perkei Avot
Chapter 3:9
By: Yehudah ben Shomeyr

“Rabbi Yaakov would say: One who walks along a road and studies, and interrupts his studying to say, "How beautiful is this tree!", "How beautiful is this ploughed field!"---the Torah considers it as if he had forfeited his life.”

Matt. 10:37-39 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.


Luke 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.


Sound’s a lot like Yeshua’s words. Maybe this is what he had in mind when he said these things.

The main point is stay focused and not get distracted in the Work of ADONAI.

Shalom,
-- Yehudah ben Shomeyr