Why does evil seem greater and more prevalent than good?
- Because G-d is letting evil destroy itself.
- Because evil will let any idiot have a gun.
One of the words for evil in the Hebrew is “ra,” not only meaning evil, but corrupt and inferior. Corrupt, not only meaning that evil corrupts what it comes in contact with, but that evil itself is corrupted. Have you ever tried to work on a computer with corrupted files and a corrupted registry? The more you work on it, the more corrupt it becomes until the computer is nothing but a glorified paper weight. Inferior, meaning it will never be as strong and as powerful as good. G-d allows evil to remain and run rampant because He knows evil will eventually destroy itself. Why? So:
- He can get the Glory. For example, one prophet (Elijah) beating 400 plus prophets of Baal (I Kings 18). And recall Yeshua healing the blind man who was blind for the sole purpose of G-d getting the Glory (John 9:3).
- So we can eventually see how weak and puny evil really is: “Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;”(Isa. 14:15-16).
I recall a quote by the evil clown on the comic based 1997 movie “Spawn” when referring to those who dabble in Satanism trying to perform a satanic ritual:
“How come God hogs up all the good followers and were left with the retards?”
It’s true; evil will let any idiot have a gun. Satan’s army will take anyone whether they know they are being recruited or not.
God’s Army however is by choice and those the Almighty allows to have a gun and go into battle is a special chosen force whose soldiers are willing combatants and trained in warfare. Why do you think that just five of God’s soldiers can set many to flight (Lev. 26:7-8)?
Evil is a substandard, chaotic and undisciplined army that will eventually turn upon themselves as did the enemies of Israel did so many times in the Tanak/Old Testament (Jud. 7:22, I Sam. 14:20, 2 Chron. 20:23). That’s why they feel they need many of them to defeat just one of us. It’s a sissy move like a 90 pound mealy mouthed wuss who has been trash talking and baiting you into a fight bringing his big brother and his big bro’s hockey team to smack you down.
Evil will never win. Just read the end of The Book and we win! HalleluYah!
- Rabbi Yehudah ben Shomeyr