Thursday, May 9, 2019

DAY 19 OF THE OMER


“Today is nineteen days, which are two weeks and five days of the Omer.”

·       Theme of the Week: Tefreit - Beauty
·       Theme of the Day: Hod - Glory
·       Overall Theme: The Glory of His Beauty
·       Psalm 119:145-152


Matt. 17:1-8 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him. Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.

The Sun is so simple and profound in its beauty, yet its glory is such that you cannot look directly on it.

Though Yeshua was nothing special to look at:

Isa. 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, [there is] no beauty that we should desire him.

HE had a Beauty that worked from the inside out and it drew people to Him. The glory of such beauty beckoned Moses and Elijah one Sukkot to come from beyond to witness and testify to such Glory and such Beauty.

The Traditional text to read is Psalm 119:145-152:


145     ¶ KOPH. I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O LORD: I will keep thy statutes.
146     I cried unto thee; save me, and I shall keep thy testimonies.


David wants God to know how serious he is about His Torah. David knows he can never repay God for all He has done for him, but he knows the LEAST he can do is do what God has said and keep His Commandments.


147     ¶ I prevented the dawning of the morning, and cried: I hoped in thy word.
148     Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.


David wishes he could go without sleep and devote every spare moment to the Torah… I have wished that very same thing too!


149     ¶ Hear my voice according unto thy lovingkindness: O LORD, quicken me according to thy judgment.
150     ¶ They draw nigh that follow after mischief: they are far from thy law.
151     Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth.


David knows God will keep David safe and alive because he is 100% sold out to God and His Torah. David believes no matter what Truth (Torah) prevails and the Good guys always win in the end.


152     ¶ Concerning thy testimonies, I have known of old that thou hast founded them for ever.


Again, the Torah is not just until the Messiah comes, but is ETERNAL, FOREVER, and INFINATE!


“Beautiful and Glorious King, though I maybe an average Joe/Joann I pray you would turn my beauty inside out to reflect Your Glorious Beauty so as to bring others to You, Your Torah and Your Messiah. In the Name of Messiah Yeshua I pray, Ameyn.”