Thursday, November 1, 2018

Zephaniah’s Sardonic Siren Song: Part 4


So no doubt this is why Israel was scared. They were going up against a race not only physically intimidating, but mystically and spiritually intimidating as well. Who knows what type of powers these beings had! And who knows how embellished these stories of their powers were, which made them that much more ominous in their eyes.
But come Hell, the demons of them, or High Water, with God on our side we have nothing to fear.

Rom 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us?

1 Sam. 17:47 And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle [is] the LORD'S, and he will give you into our hands.

2 Chron. 20:15 And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle[is] not yours, but God's.

2 Chron. 20:17 Ye shall not [need] to fight in this [battle]: set yourselves, stand ye [still], and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them: for the LORD [will be] with you.

Psa 24:8 Who [is] this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.

Psa 140:7 O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.

Pro 21:31 The horse [is] prepared against the day of battle: but safety [is] of the LORD.

Zech. 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue [that] shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This [is] the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness [is] of me, saith the LORD.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].

I can go on and on! Is there no doubt that we may not know what we are up against, but God does, and he has our back covered. We needn’t be fearful of the supernatural, or the unknown. Just do as God commands and He will take care of the rest. How many times does God tell us in His Word to “Fear Not”? To use a tired cliché, we do our best and God will do the rest. If He says, “Take the Land.” Trust that God has got the battle in the bag and just do it! That is what Trust and Faith is all about!

God help us all in this matter.

What does it mean, “Then that worship and that swear by YHWH and swear by Malcham”? It means those who claim pagan deities are really another name for YHWH. Classic example is the Muslims who try to call their 7th century Arabian moon god, Allah, the God of Abraham. I’m also talking about the ecumenicals who say, You call him Buddha, I call Him Jesus, their all the same god. Even Israel did this by claiming the Golden Calf was YHWH!!!

Exd. 32:4 And he received [them] at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These [be] thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

Exd. 32:8 They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These [be] thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

In Zephaniah’s day before Josiah’s reform, “many in Judah were participating in other forms of religion while at the same time worshiping the Lord God. This mixture was both idolatrous and flagrant evil. God will not tolerate these who claim to be His followers, and yet at the same time participate in idolatrous, sinful and immoral activity…” – Full Life Study Bible

What is the “John 3:16” of Judaism?

Deut. 6:4-9 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.

Also:

Isa. 43:11 I, [even] I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there is] no saviour.

Isa. 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I [am] the first, and I [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God.

Isa. 44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared [it]? ye [are] even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, [there is] no God; I know not [any].

Isa. 45:5 I [am] the LORD, and [there is] none else, [there is] no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Isa. 45:21 Tell ye, and bring [them] near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? [who] hath told it from that time? [have] not I the LORD? and [there is] no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; [there is] none beside me.

Hosea 13:4 Yet I [am] the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for [there is] no saviour beside me. Isa. 48:11 For mine own sake, [even] for mine own sake, will I do [it]: for how should [my name] be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.

These people are name droppers, claiming they know and have a personal relationship with YHWH but don’t. You might as well say that I have lunch with Donald Trump or Bill Gates every afternoon.

What was that verse I quoted again?

Matt. 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

That last phrase, “I never KNEW you” in the original means, “I was never INTIMATE, or on a first name basis with you” those who put into practice, breaking My Torah! These people know of the LORD, but clearly they don’t know Him.