Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Public Revocation of a Past Ordination



Public Revocation of a Past Ordination

During the times of the Temple those of the Essene/Qumran community (which included John the Baptist also known as Yochannon the Immerser) left the Temple and moved out into the desert in protest of the corruption of the Temple by the priesthood being in bed with the Roman government.  

The Messianic and Natsari movement has become rife with an infestation of people out for themselves, hungry for power and dominance, con-artist, and less than honest people that sometimes you do not discover until after the fact.  Many of folks in the movement have been harmed and are presently maimed by encounters and dealings with such folk.  

Due to these very things I hereby renounce and voluntarily forfeit the rabbinic ordination I received in 2007 by a now defunct organization and Rabbi that will remain nameless because I do not want to participate in any LaShone Hara (gossip/slander).

I still retain the ordination I received through the organization and people of AD International.

Having publically forfeited the 2007 rabbinic ordination that I had received does not negate the valuable training I received under that organization and Rabbi, but I cannot in a clear conscious continue to have my name attached them. I am not a stickler for titles, though I realize they are important and meaningful to some. Besides, who is it that really ordains a person anyway? Man or God?

GOD!

He places the call and commission upon a person even while they are in their mother’s womb.

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. – Jer. 1:5

Rabbi Yehudah ben Shomeyr
Kris Shoemaker