Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Solar Powered Believer



The Solar Powered Believer
Rabbi Yehudah ben Shomeyr

For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.  And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts.  Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments. – Mal. 4:1-3

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. - Rev. 22:5

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. - - John 8:12

As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. – John 9:5

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. – Matt. 5:14

I’m a geek and love it! I love superheroes, though, Superman is not my favorite (Batman is), I had to sit up and take notice because it was two Jewish guys (Siegel and Shuster) who came up with Kal-El son of Krypton (Superman) who gets or can sustain his superpowers by the earth’s yellow sun.  Kal-El in Kryptonian means, “Star Child” but in Hebrew. Kal is similar to the Hebrew word Kol, which means “voice”. El is the most basic Hebrew word for “god”. So, Kal-El means “Voice of God”.  So I wonder if Siegel and Shuster were thinking of Malachi 4:1-3 when they created Superman? Did they mean for Superman to be symbolic of the Messiah?

Apparently, according to Malachi, the sun effects life on planet earth. It causes animals (and people) to have a spring in their step.

The Sun represents light and Yeshua is The Light and seeing as Yeshua emanates from God (Deut. 6:4, John 17) and is One with the Father and we are to be conformed into the image of Yeshua (Rom. 8:29) who is called the last or second Adam (I Cor. 15:45, II Cor. 4:4). It also should be noted that the first Adam as with us, are created in the image of God (Gen. 1:27, 9:6).

Plants absorb the rays from the sun to live and He (Yeshua the Messiah) is The Vine and we are the branches (John 15:1-8).

In English anyway there seems to be a play on words in the Scriptures with the words, “Sun” and “Son,” so this means we are, “Solar Powered Believers!?”

Shalom,
Rabbi Yehudah ben Shomeyr